[Orgmode] OT: message-mark-inserted-region WAS: [org-babel] Feature requ

From: Dan Davison
Subject: [Orgmode] OT: message-mark-inserted-region WAS: [org-babel] Feature request: Get a scalar for "data=example-table[0, 1]"
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 11:49:40 -0400

"Eric Schulte" <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Darlan,
>
> Darlan Cavalcante Moreira <address@hidden> writes:
[...]
>> - Darlan
>>
>> ps: How do I do that "cute here start/end"? Is it gnus functionality (I use
>> wanderlust) or it is more general?
>>

> The function is called `message-mark-inserted-region' and is part of
> message.el which I believe is distributed with Emacs (can't be sure).

Which raises two questions for me:

1. Doesn't the special behaviour in emacs mail clients rather depend on
   people using the same value of message-mark-insert-begin and
   message-mark-insert-end?

2. Which aesthete came up with the default values, and has anyone
   notified the relevant professional artistic organisations of the
   untapped talent?

,----
|    message-mark-insert-begin is a variable defined in `message.el'.
|    Its value is
`----

Oh right, I did (find-library "message") to check the author. That
explains it.

Dan