Re: [Orgmode] Org and XeTeX?

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Org and XeTeX?
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 13:56:40 +0200

On Apr 22, 2010, at 7:02 PM, Thomas S. Dye wrote:

On Apr 22, 2010, at 6:10 AM, Ross Laird wrote:

I mostly use XeTeX (rather than LaTeX). Can Org be setup to use the XeTeX engine? I've looked at the variable org-export-latex-classes (as well as
org-export-latex-package-alist), and it looks like I can insert the
XeTeX-specific code:

  \TeXXeTstate=1
  \usepackage{fontspec,xunicode}
\defaultfontfeatures {Numbers=OldStyle,Scale=MatchLowercase,Mapping=tex-text}
  \setmainfont{Sabon LT Std}
  \setromanfont[Mapping=tex-text]{Sabon LT Std}
  \setsansfont[Scale=MatchUppercase]{Myriad Pro}
  \usepackage{xltxtra}

But can Org use XeTeX? The command is "xelatex" rather than "latex".

Ross

--
Ross A. Laird, PhD
www.rosslaird.com

Aloha Ross,

Earlier this month when changes were made to the LaTeX export configuration, xetex compatibility was left to the user. There is a footnote to this effect in the manual:

[103] The default LaTeX output is designed for processing with pdftex or latex. It includes packages that are not compatible with xetex and possibly luatex. See the variables org-export-latex- default-packages-alist and org-export-latex-packages-alist.

You can use the variable `org-latex-to-pdf-process' to change the commands that are used to process the tex file.

And you can customize org-export-latex-classes to make the class headers look like this:

  \TeXXeTstate=1
  \usepackage{fontspec,xunicode}
\defaultfontfeatures{Numbers=OldStyle,Scale=MatchLowercase,Mapping=tex- text}
  \setmainfont{Sabon LT Std}
  \setromanfont[Mapping=tex-text]{Sabon LT Std}
  \setsansfont[Scale=MatchUppercase]{Myriad Pro}
  \usepackage{xltxtra}
  [DEFAULT-PACKAGES]
  [PACKAGES]
  [EXTRA]

And you can change things around any way you like.

HTH

- Carsten

If you get export to xetex working, I think it would be useful to document the solution either here on the mailing list or, better, somewhere on Worg.

HTH,
Tom