Re: [Orgmode] indented items in agenda searches

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] indented items in agenda searches
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 06:50:17 +0200

On Apr 24, 2010, at 12:39 AM, Nathan Neff wrote:

I just found the setting "org-tags-match-list-sublevels",
and think it's really cool for viewing agenda searches.

For example, if you search for a tag "project" using an agenda search
on the following data:

* Cake                               :project:
** Ingredients
*** Apples
*** Oranges
* Clean Room                  :project:
** Vacuum
** Dust

You would see the items indented with periods in the agenda view, like this:

foo: Cake :project :
  foo:        .Ingredients
  foo:        ..Apples
  foo:        ..Oranges
foo: Clean Room :project :
  foo:        .Vacuum
  foo:        .Dust

However, the indents only show up when I perform an agenda search.

If these items all were TODO items, then the indentation goes away.

Is there a setting to see the indents all the time in the agenda? Or a way to do it in a custom search?

No, there is currently no way to do this.

Thanks,
--Nate