Re: [Orgmode] org-html link building diff

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] org-html link building diff
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 07:24:51 +0200

On Apr 18, 2010, at 4:13 AM, Tom Breton (Tehom) wrote:

I've refactored `org-export-as-html', factored code to build links
into `org-html-make-link'.

This does two things that I needed:

* It allows custom link types to build anchors.
  * How: Call org-html-make-link.  Many parameters, see the function
    docstring.  It returns a string containing an HTML link.
* It adds the capability to convert links when exporting.
  * How: Around the export call, bind org-html-cvt-link-fn to a
    function that takes 1 parameter (filename) and returns a url as a
    string.

I think it also makes the code cleaner.

I am sure it does - the export function has grown like cancer in the run of years. Unfortunately, I right now do not have the time to study this carefully enough
to make sure this does not break anything.

Tom, maybe you can update the patch to the current master.

Are there any volunteers who can put this patch through the mill? Or Tom, maybe
you first want to implement the other stuff you are thinking about?

Thanks!

- Carsten

There are more things that could be done - it's only used by some of
the cond branches, the others are unchanged.  But "publish early and
often", so here it is.

I will append the changes as a diff, since I can't push to the org
repository ("fatal: The remote end hung up unexpectedly")

        Tom Breton (Tehom)
Emacs-orgmode mailing list
address@hidden