[Orgmode] Re: 'habit' with DEADLINE-style advance warning loses its grap

From: Livin Stephen Sharma
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: 'habit' with DEADLINE-style advance warning loses its graph
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 11:35:15 +0530

Forgot to mention s/w version...

org-mode version from: 2010_02_25
emacs version: 23.1.90.1

Thanks
Livin Stephen Sharma

On 26 April 2010 11:28, Livin Stephen Sharma <address@hidden> wrote:
(BEGIN org-snip)

* TODO Send habit/DEADLINE/graph query
  DEADLINE: <2010-04-26 Mon +1m -15d>
  :PROPERTIES:
  :STYLE:    habit
  :END:
  find out about advance warning (agenda-visibility) for a habit: how to retain habit-tracking graphs in 'C-a a' agenda-view

(END org-snip)

I want:a monthly habit-style TODO that
  1. has a warning-period within which the upcoming instance of the repeating task may optionally be marked DONE and
  2. if the agenda view lies within the warning period, the item (and habit-graph) should be visible - possibly even without the graph, if it is not 'today'

So far, after experiments and after searching the manual + google'ing, I have not been able to achieve these requirements satisfactorily (simultaneously).
  1. If I use "DEADLINE" (as shown) I lose the habit-graph
  2. If I use "SCHEDULED" (instead of "DEADLINE"), I lose "advance warning"

What am I missing?