[Orgmode] Re: Gmane readers - please subscribe

From: Ben Finney
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Gmane readers - please subscribe
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 10:16:10 +1000

> If you are reading emacs-orgmode.org through gmane, please read this
> new FAQ to help take load off the maintainers.

A large part of my reason for reading via Gmane is to avoid yet another
set of authentication credentials. Especially one that I never use;
that's a security nightmare waiting to happen. So I'm not interested in
increasing my security exposure by making a Mailman account on yet
another site.

While I appreciate that administrators would prefer that Gmane readers
subscribe, I think their chosen mailing list administration system is
not helping their cause. (No, I don't have a better one to suggest.)

--
 \     “As we enjoy great advantages from the inventions of others, we |
  `\      should be glad to serve others by any invention of ours; and |