Re: [Orgmode] Re: Gmane readers - please subscribe

From: Sebastian Rose
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Gmane readers - please subscribe
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 17:51:19 +0200

> The sensible policy, therefore, is to cull the proliferation of such
> passphrase-requiring infrequently-to-never-accessed accounts. Which, in
> turn, means saying a polite “no thank you” to most requests to set up
> new accounts.

OK - there _must_ be a missunderstanding...

The sensible thing in world full of unsubscribed people is to _not_ run
such a system like this at all. It simply wouldn't work in such a
spam-free way.

How do you suppose mails of unsubscribed users get here?
Is it the work of some anonymous maintainers on gmane.org, he?

No! It is the work of people on this list - those who volunteered to
read mails of unsubscribed users, filter out spam and forward the rest,
so they could possibly find help on this list.

Every day heroes, that even dare to have an account with a password :)
and, seriously now, do a real great job!

We all post via "reply all" to support unsubscribed users. They (you?)
couldn't discuss in realtime otherwise.

Sorry

  Sebastian