[Orgmode] Copying and Pasting (and Selecting)

From: David Frascone
Subject: [Orgmode] Copying and Pasting (and Selecting)
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 11:45:10 -0600

**** Selecting
I've gotten into the habit of selecting by holding down shift, and using the arrows
to highlight the text I want to select.  This even works fine in Aquamacs.  But, when I'm using
orgmode, and I use shift-Up or Down, then it changes the priority . . Anyone else find this irritating?
Any work arounds, other than retraining myself?

**** Copying and Pasting
This could just be me fighting with Aquamacs (Cmd-C, Cmd-V, Cmd-etc
mac keys). But, the cutting, copying, and pasting do not seem very
intuitive.  I am used to (from old emacs days) using C-w and C-y, but,
i usually did that over regions.  Shift-Arrows to select, etc.  When I
shift arrow over a subtree it mucks with priority.  I know that's by
design, but I find it annoying.  Doing the alternative (cutting a
subtree) does NOT seem intuitive to me.  (Well, the C-w at the end of
the command (C-c C-x C-w) does).  But, I'm not trying to report a bug
-- I'm actually asking a question:  How do you guys typically select a
region and move it, assuming that you can't just move the subtree with
M-S-<Arrows>