Re: [Orgmode] A shorter manual

From: Matti De Craene
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] A shorter manual
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 20:43:56 +0200

> - 2.8 Drawers
> - 3.2 Column width and alignment
> - 3.3 The Spreadsheet (4 rather technical pages)
> - 7.4 Property Inheritance and 7.5 Column View
>  (do beginners really need properties at all ??)

I would agree on this list (except maybe drawers).

If there is room for additional sections maybe:
- include the org ref card as an appendix (which in itself offers a
very good overview of org)
- include some pointers into getting emacs for different OSes and
getting started with emacs. If there would be an O´Reilly book on
Org-mode this would be in the first chapter or so. For people who
started using emacs because of org (like me) the current Introduction
might still be too cryptic (?)

--

Matti