[Orgmode] Re: due today notification

From: Matthew Lundin
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: due today notification
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 15:57:27 -0400

Buck Brody <address@hidden> writes:

> >     Might I ask why the sparse tree search above or a simple agenda
> >     view of deadlines is inadequate? The daily agenda provides a nice
> >     view of all deadlines, making clear which are due today and which
> >     are past due. And with a custom agenda command you can see only
> >     those items that are due today:
>
> Assume I have 10 things that must be done for a specific project and
> two of them must be done today.  I want to be able to know which two
> are due today, but I still want to see them in the same list as the
> other 8 items because it gives useful context.

But isn't this precisely what a sparse tree does? I.e., it highlights
the relevant deadlines but preserves the context...

I dug around in the source code and found a command (normally invoked by
org-sparse-tree) that shows all deadlines in a file within n days
(determined by a prefix argument).

If you type...

C-u 1 M-x org-check-deadlines

...org-mode will highlight all the deadlines in the buffer due today or
past due. You could bind this to a key.

Best,
Matt