Re: [Orgmode] Relative timer: failure to reset times in active region

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Relative timer: failure to reset times in active region
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 06:59:39 +0200

On Apr 29, 2010, at 6:56 AM, Alan E. Davis wrote:

I took some notes on a video this morning, using a relative timer.  I
wasn't able to start until several minutes into the video.  Then,
later, I went back and started from the beginning, starting the timer
pretty much on time.  Now I have to reset all the times in the
original notes from this morning.

I found this in the documentation for the relative timer:

`C-c C-x 0'
    Reset the timer without inserting anything into the buffer.  By
    default, the timer is reset to 0.  When called with a `C-u'
    prefix, reset the timer to specific starting offset.  The user is
    prompted for the offset, with a default taken from a timer string
    at point, if any, So this can be used to restart taking notes
    after a break in the process.  When called with a double prefix
    argument `C-c C-u', change all timer strings in the active region
    by a certain amount.  This can be used to fix timer strings if the
    timer was not started at exactly the right moment.

When I tried this on the original notes, the function
"outline-up-heading" is invoked.  Is there a typo in the docs?

Prefix means, C-u before the other keys, C-u C-c C-x 0
I guess you tries C-c C-u   ?

- Carsten

Alan