Re: [Orgmode] Is this the best place for noob questions too?

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Is this the best place for noob questions too?
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2010 11:18:45 +0100

On Thu, 29 Apr 2010 10:46:33 +0200, Jan Böcker <address@hidden> wrote:> On
28.04.2010 09:27, Ian Barton wrote:
> > Quite often when browsing the list I
> > find posts that give me ideas of a new way of doing something, or
> > introduce me to some feature I wasn't aware of.

[...]

> Besides the Org Manual (which I recommend you to skim from cover to
> cover to get a general idea of what features are available), the mailing
> list archives, worg, and google, there is also C-h v (describe-variable).

[...]

and I would add, to the nice list of alternative sources of
information on org that Jan has given, the following:

  M-x customize-group RET org RET

This puts you in emacs's customization interface.  Although some
people love this feature of Emacs and others hate it, the nice thing
is that it allows you to browse all (most of) the configuration
variables that exist.
--
Eric S Fraga, GnuPG Fingerprint: 8F5C 279D 3907 E14A 5C29  570D C891 93D8 FFFC
F67D