[Orgmode] [FEATURE REQUEST] Comment Speedkeys or - A solution to the Rem

From: Tim O'Callaghan
Subject: [Orgmode] [FEATURE REQUEST] Comment Speedkeys or - A solution to the Remember mode three finger salute
Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 12:34:20 +0200

Hi,

My general org keyboard policy has been to avoid the use of any Ctrl
related keys, and remap them to Alt, or FN keys where possible. For
example I've mapped M-R to org-remember and M-O to org-ctrlc-ctrlc
etc.

Today I've been looking to try and set up my alt 'speed keys' for the
prefix arg style 'three fingered salute' you need to use to refile
remember mode notes, and it seems i cannot. At least not without using
keyboard macros. I wanted to re-map M-R to refile and M-T
re-template....

... which leads me to my feature request.

Is it possible to extend the speed key functionality to org comment
lines? If so, could you assign speed keys to the comment lines in the
remember buffer? Hitting PgUp or M-< is natural, and then pressing a
single key to do my filing operation, would be great. I should then
also be able to assign speed keys for different re-file locations.

This could possibly change the wording of the template at the top, and
presumably need some kind of functional re-factoring of the remember
code so that each operation has its own function..

Comment speed keys could then be used for #+SRC code blocks, setting
#+STARTUP features or whatever.

Tim.