Re: [Orgmode] org mode as tabbed notebook

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] org mode as tabbed notebook
Date: Fri, 07 May 2010 16:05:30 +0100

On Fri, 07 May 2010 09:40:55 +0300, katepano <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello All,
> I was wondering if somebody managed to use orgmode as atabbed
> notebook, like gjots, or the old keynotes program from windows which I
> miss a lot or even Ms one note. I tried using tabbed.el or speedbar,
> or the sitemap of orgmode but it was not satisfactory. Any way how you
> manage to have a lot of files open simultaneously, with the buffer
> list?
>
> Any ideas are wellcome!

Having never used any of the other tools you mention, I'm not sure
what functionality you are missing or desire.  Can you please expand
on this?  I use a number of tools to manage my buffers including
bs-show, ido and org's own org-iswitchb (C-c b).  I have used ecb mode
as well (which is a bit more powerful than speedbar), especially when
I am coding as well as writing, as it supports org files well enough
for my uses.

HTH,
eric
--
Eric S Fraga
GnuPG: 8F5C 279D 3907 E14A 5C29  570D C891 93D8 FFFC F67D