[Orgmode] unique id=-values in aggregated html-exported docs

From: Dirk-Jan C . Binnema
Subject: [Orgmode] unique id=-values in aggregated html-exported docs
Date: Fri, 07 May 2010 23:53:41 +0300

Hi all,

Recently, I've started using org + jekyll for blogging; it works well so far,
but I found a small issue when aggregating multiple org-exported-to-html
entries into one page. The problem is that some of the html-elements have
id=... attributes, which are supposed to be unique in a html document;
however, this fails when aggregating different elements into one. Similar
concern for other supposedly unique items like footnotes.

The id=-thing is mostly annoying because it makes html-tidy complain (and
breaks strict standard compliance), but e,g. the footnote issue could be
annoying in practice (i.e.. jumping to the wrong footnote).

So, one possible solution might be to have a way to make org prefix its
id-values with something truly unique, or even just a random number. Or is
there some other way to solve this?

Thanks in advance,
Dirk.

--
Dirk-Jan C. Binnema                  Helsinki, Finland
e:address@hidden           w:www.djcbsoftware.nl