[Orgmode] Re: Recent export bug?

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Recent export bug?
Date: Mon, 10 May 2010 20:13:32 -0400

Thomas S. Dye <address@hidden> writes:

> Aloha all,
>
> The following minimal example doesn't export the Second heading to
> html.  The problem seems to be the :export: tag on the First heading.
> If I remove the tag, then both the First and Second headings make it
> into the export.  I don't expect the :export: tag on the First heading
> to stop export of the Second heading.

Hi Thomas,

If you use #+EXPORT_SELECT_TAGS then only headings with that tag are
exported (if any headings contain that tag the rest are removed).  I
don't think you can use both EXPORT_EXCLUDE_TAGS and EXPORT_SELECT_TAGS
in the same org-mode document in a meaningful way.

Normally you exclude stuff with only EXPORT_EXCLUDE_TAGS or you include
stuff only with EXPORT_SELECT_TAGS.

,----
| org-export-select-tags is a variable defined in `org-exp.el'.         |
| Its value is ("export")                                               |
| Documentation:                                                        |
| Tags that select a tree for export.                                   |
| If any such tag is found in a buffer, all trees that do not carry one |
| of these tags will be deleted before export.                          |
| Inside trees that are selected like this, you can still deselect a    |
| subtree by tagging it with one of the `org-export-exclude-tags'.      |
`----

,----
| org-export-exclude-tags is a variable defined in `org-exp.el'.
| Its value is ("noexport")
|
| Documentation:
| Tags that exclude a tree from export.
| All trees carrying any of these tags will be excluded from export.
| This is without condition, so even subtrees inside that carry one of the
| `org-export-select-tags' will be removed.
`----

Regards,
Bernt