Re: [Orgmode] strange behavior for export

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] strange behavior for export
Date: Thu, 13 May 2010 07:21:48 +0200

On May 1, 2010, at 2:46 PM, Robert Klein wrote:

Eric,

where in your .emacs is the (require 'org-install) command?

In one of my setups I had it before the load-paths.

I didn't notice, because of an older version of org-mode
bundled with emacs; org-version reports the new version
but that is not what my emacs used in exporting.

Carsten,

is there a reason why the manual says I should do the 'make'
after it talks about load-path but before it tells me to put
(require 'org-install) into the .emacs-file?

Only because is tries to present installation from activation.
Everybody has to activate, people who use the version delivered with Emacs
do not have to install.

Does that answer your question?

- Carsten

I should know better, but I still managed to confuse one of
my .emacs-files when I started using org-mode.

Best regards
Robert