Re: [Orgmode] Problem org-beamer export

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Problem org-beamer export
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 14:08:42 +0200

On May 13, 2010, at 5:16 PM, Marvin Doyley wrote:

Hi there,

Org beamer has proven to be an invaluable tool, I use it not only for preparing lecture notes but also for all my presentation - farewell powerpoint :) However, I recently upgraded my current version of org to 6.36. I love the new inline image, but their seem to be a bug in the latex export. It would appear that org-export- latex still does a good job in translating org files to latex, but for some reason I get an error when issue C-C C-e C-p . More specifically, pdftex.def Error: Option 'pdftex' requires pdfTex. What is interesting is 1) if I compile the resulting latex file from the command line everything works fine, 2) I don't get an error when there is an existing pdf file when I issue C-C C-e C-p, but the pdf doesn't get updated - it seems to skip the compiling stage if the pdf file is there.

Hi,

I have no problems compiling to PDF.  Anyone else?

The error message sounds to me that somehow Emacs cannot find the you TEX installation. Maybe there is something wrong with the paths. If it works from the command line, try starting Emacs from the command line - this will make the command line environment visible to Emacs. If you start Carbon Emacs normally, then stuff in you shell setup is not read any you may end up with a different set of environment settings.

- Carsten