[Orgmode] Bug: Cloning a task also clones the unique id [6.36trans]

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: [Orgmode] Bug: Cloning a task also clones the unique id [6.36trans]
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 12:13:01 -0400

Remember to cover the basics, that is, what you expected to happen and
what in fact did happen.  You don't know how to make a good report?  See

     http://orgmode.org/manual/Feedback.html#Feedback

Your bug report will be posted to the Org-mode mailing list.

I use unique ids for my tasks (enabling org-id in org-modules)

If you clone a task with a unique id by using C-c C-x c the clone has a
copy of the property drawer with the same ID.

This causes org-id-update-id-locations to complain about duplicate ids.

Cloning a task should probably remove the :ID: property in the clone.

I haven't had time to look at a fix for this but figured I should report
it early anyway.

,----[ task to clone with C-c C-x C-c ]
| ** test task
|    :PROPERTIES:
|    :ID:       491b47b5-3ee0-4f33-b0ee-991d4ca546f5
|    :END:
`----

after cloning I get two identical copies - the second one shouldn't have
an ID (or should have a new unique id)

Regards,
Bernt

Emacs  : GNU Emacs 22.2.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.12.11)
 of 2008-11-09 on raven, modified by Debian
Package: Org-mode version 6.36trans