Re: [Orgmode] Re: Bug: Cloning a task also clones the unique id [6.36tra

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Bug: Cloning a task also clones the unique id [6.36trans]
Date: Sat, 15 May 2010 01:05:05 +0200

Applied, thanks.

- Carsten

On May 14, 2010, at 11:01 PM, David Maus wrote:

Bernt Hansen wrote:
David Maus <address@hidden> writes:

Ah, yes, thanks. Deleting the property occurred on the wrong place. Fixed in
51a37ca09529e2597a863e7b7390da4409c750dc in
git://github.com/dmj/dmj-org-mode.git quickfix.

I'm not sure if we should delete an empty property drawer after
cloning, too.  E.g.  If the ID property was the only property of the
original subtree the clone have an empty property drawer. Though, it
is just a cosmetic issue.

Personally I would prefer to delete the empty drawer.  I still have
weird behaviour with cloning a subtree.  I start with this: [...]

Again, sorry, yes.  The problem was that I told Org to remove the ID
property at headline at point after inserting the clone.  Merely the
headline at point after insert is not necessarily the clone but a
sibling of the clone.

Now it is definetly fixed in git://github.com/dmj/dmj-org-mode.git
quickfix -- Org removes the ID property in the copy of the original
subtree before it is inserted anywhere.

Dang, you should always be sure where (point) is when depending
(point) to be somewhere specific.

HTH
-- David

--