Re: [Orgmode] Persistent filters in Org mode

From: Thomas Morgan
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Persistent filters in Org mode
Date: Sat, 15 May 2010 23:32:09 +0200

Hi, Carsten,

Thanks for your reply.  I've been thinking about this --
please forgive my lateness...

Do you envision a new variable for a persistent filter,
independent of `org-agenda-filter'?  As it stands, one can
only make `org-agenda-filter' persistent or transient by
toggling `org-agenda-persistent-filters'.  I've been leaving
this on all the time, because it fits my usage of tags.
Would it be useful to you and others, though, to keep
separate persistent and transient filters?

(Note on terminology: reviewing the manual just now I realized
that `org-agenda-persistent-filters' should probably be renamed
`org-agenda-persistent-filter', because adding a condition to
a filter results in a narrowed filter, not several filters.)

The main thing I am missing now is a command to edit the filter
in the minibuffer.  Or, if there's a separate persistent filter,
perhaps the command could edit that if given an argument.

It might also be useful to save filters to registers and restore
them later.

Best regards,
Thomas