Re: [Orgmode] Xemacs incompatibilities

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Xemacs incompatibilities
Date: Mon, 17 May 2010 16:46:55 +0200

On May 17, 2010, at 4:39 PM, Michael Sperber wrote:

This is a really non-standard way for a mode definition which I guess
should be fixed in XEmacs.  I have made that change anyway.  Eric or
Dan, please note this change I made in the Babel sources.

As someone else pointed out, python-mode.el is something different from
python.el:

https://launchpad.net/python-mode

In particular, fixing the require won't be enough: org-babel-python.el
uses `run-python' and interacts with the inferior Python, whereas
python-mode.el defines `py-shell'.

Should I try to abstract over the differences?

Yes, this would be much appreciated. (I think, Eric or Dan?)

3.)

When editing a src block with C-c ' in a temporary buffer in it's
native mode and then switching back with C-c ' to the original org
file, whenever I try to save a file with C-x C-s (not only the org
file) I'll get the message

 This is not a sub-editing buffer, something is wrong...

Could you provide a little bit more context on what you did?  I'm not
very familiar with org-src (which I assume this is about), so a
step-by-step recipe would help me greatly.

--
Cheers =8-} Mike

- Carsten