Re: [Orgmode] org-info.js

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] org-info.js
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 09:58:15 -0400

Dan Davison <address@hidden> wrote:

> If I'm viewing the manual with Sebastian's org-info javascript info
> emulation, and I'm on node 13 of the manual, what key do I press to get
> to 13.1?
>
> I wish I were better with info. My understanding is that I would use
> space or ] in emacs.

In emacs info, <SPACE> advances down the imaginary scroll, so it may or
may not get you to the next (sub)section, depending on the length of the
current section and the size of your screen. ']' will go to the next
node in a depth-first traversal, 'n' will get you to the next node in a
level-traversal (always assuming that the relevant nodes exist).
Numeric arguments will get you to the relevant subsection (i.e. if you
are in sec. 13 and press 6, you'll end up in subsection 13.6 - assuming
that it exists), whereas 'n' and 'p' will get you to the next/previous
heading at the same level and 'u' will go up a level.

Now I'm on much shakier ground (iow, I don't necessarily know what I'm
talking about), but I think `n' does a depth-first traversal, so it will
go from 13 to 13.1 - the question is how to go from 13 to 14 without
visiting all the 13.x... in-between: I thought I would go UP to the TOC
and then TAB to or click on the next section, but the UP link does not
seem to do what I think it should do (go up one level in the hierarchy -
at least that seems to be the case in the org-info pages:
http://orgmode.org/worg/code/org-info-js). I'm not saying there is no
way: I just didn't find one after a few minutes of fooling around.

HTH,
Nick