[Orgmode] Re: Co-maintainer, a least for some time?

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Co-maintainer, a least for some time?
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 17:46:48 +0200

On May 19, 2010, at 3:17 PM, Dan Davison wrote:

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Carsten,

Is there anyone who would be willing to step up as a co- maintainer, at
least for some time?

I'd be glad to help, but I'm short of time for the moment and I prefer
to concentrate on maintaining the server and Worg.

I'm afraid I can't devote significantly more time. (In any case, I do
not know the agenda and task/time management side of org well enough.)

But I would be happy to help out in a, err, coalition. Would it be
possible for us to develop a slightly more formalised triage/bug
tracking system whereby any list member who feels able to can say "I'll
look into this and report back with a recommendation for
action". Perhaps this would work via a jointly maintained todo list on
Worg or elsewhere? Any thoughts? Or is this optimistic and do we really
need one person to step up?

I think an issue-tracking system would be great. And if there are other people besides John who want to take up individual issues, I am sure this would be good.

I will be happy with anything you propose in this direction. Also I know that John is (I think) tracking ledger issues in org-mode - maybe we can use his setup in a file that is part of the git repo?

If we have reports continue to come in on the mailing list, then a bug tracker could use the message number on gmane as a reference number. So the discussions could stay on the list, but negotiation and assignment would happen in the tracker.

But - I have no experience with bug trackers, so anything anyone will put forward would be an improvement.

- Carsten