Re: [Orgmode] Xemacs incompatibilities

From: Dan Davison
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Xemacs incompatibilities
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 22:41:31 -0400

[...]
>>> Could you provide a little bit more context on what you did?  I'm not
>>> very familiar with org-src (which I assume this is about), so a
>>> step-by-step recipe would help me greatly.

Hi Mike,

Has any progress been made on this bug report? If not, please let me
know if I can help. It sounds like the bug could be triggered by
entering the following in an org buffer:

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
  nil
#+end_src

then, with point anywhere in the block, issue C-c '. This should put you
in an elisp mode buffer. At that point the following should work:

- editing the elisp code followed by C-x C-s should save the elisp back
  into the block in the org buffer
- C-c ' should return you to the org buffer

If you would like me to investigate, would you mind providing
instructions as to what version of xemacs to download and what steps I
need to take to get the latest org-mode working with it? I'm on Ubuntu
10.04.

Dan