[Orgmode] Re: tab visibility cycling doesn't work over putty/ssh with vi

From: Herbert Sitz
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: tab visibility cycling doesn't work over putty/ssh with viper-mode enabled
Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 04:14:22 +0000 (UTC)

Herbert Sitz <hsitz <at> nwlink.com> writes:

> With viper-mode enabled all I get is a bell when I click on tab to cycle the
> visibility of a heading in viper's normal mode.
>
> Shift-tab works okay, as does a tab key if I am in viper's insert mode (but of
> course it merely inserts tab then rather than cycling visibility).
>
> Tab cycling seems to work properly if viper-mode is disabled.

It seems there are some other keys that don't work in PuTTY.  One of the most
obvious is CTRL-C, which I think works only if preceded by some other meta key.
 E.g., CTRL-X, CTRL-C works normally to quite emacs.  But when a sequence starts
with CTRL-C the bell goes off and no keypress is recognized.  This makes it
impossible to use keys to enter agenda view, which is accessed via CTRL-C,a.

I assume my setup is common enough (Win7 PuTTY client accessing openssh server
on Ubuntu 10.04) that someone has worked out these problems?  Thanks for any
tips.  -- Herb