Re: [Orgmode] One org file, multiple exports, is it possible?

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] One org file, multiple exports, is it possible?
Date: Sun, 23 May 2010 06:59:57 +0200

On May 23, 2010, at 1:46 AM, Karl Martino wrote:

Hello,

I am a long time org-mode user, this my first time posting to the email list, and before I ask my question I first want to say thanks to all those who are
helping maintain and grow this terrific software.

I maintain a single org-mode file with half my life in it.  It
contains my journal, my task list, contacts, and notes on various projects. I
use tags to indicate what content is associated to what content.

What I would like to do is publish multiple html exports of this file, filtered
by tag.  A file that comprises of journal entries that are tagged for
work. Another with journal entries that are tagged as personal highlights I want
to take special note of.

This file's path is at ~/notes/org/index.org. I'd like to export the filtered
version of this file to ~/notes/export/index.html
~/notes/export/index_[tagname].html and to change each filtered export's title.

So far in my reading of the docs, this does not seem possible. It seems you cannot indicate the export result file name. But I can indicate path. So following is a sample org-publish-project-alist that that filters by tag and puts the result in different publishing directories. But I still can't figure out how to change the title on those exported pages. Can anyone provide me with
any pointers?

(setq org-publish-project-alist
      '(
        ("highlights"
         :base-directory "~/notes/org/"
         :base-extension "org"
         :publishing-directory "~/notes/export"
         :publishing-function org-publish-org-to-html
         :select-tags     ("highlight")
         :include ("index.org")

I have not tried it, but if you do not have #+TITLE in the buffer,
then
           :title "This is my title"

in the publishing plist might work.  Give it a try.

- Carsten

         )
        ("work"
         :base-directory "~/notes/org/"
         :base-extension "org"
         :publishing-directory "~/notes/export/work/"
         :publishing-function org-publish-org-to-html
         :select-tags     ("@WORK")
         :include ("index.org")
         :exclude "\\.org$"
         )
        ("home"
         :base-directory "~/notes/org/"
         :base-extension "org"
         :publishing-directory "~/notes/export/home/"
         :publishing-function org-publish-org-to-html
         :select-tags     ("@HOME")
         :include ("index.org")
         :exclude "\\.org$"
         :link-up
         )
        ))

I am using org-version 6.33f and Emacs 23.1.9 on OS-X.

Thank you in advance,

Karl

--
"Seek First to Understand, Then to be Understood” - Steven Covey

paradox1x.org, phillyfuture.org, @kmartino