[Orgmode] Re: [babel] problem exporting pictures

From: Dan Davison
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: [babel] problem exporting pictures
Date: Sun, 23 May 2010 15:35:52 -0400

> Hello,
>
> I have encountered this problem since I upgraded to 6.36. I have this
> minimal file test.org :

> * Test
>
>   Line 1
>
> #+BEGIN_SRC asymptote :file test-fig.pdf
>   size(8cm,0);
>
>   draw((0,0)--(1,1));
> #+END_SRC
>
>   Line 2
>   Line 3
>
> and all I get as export (would it be latex or html) is, minus the
> usual preamble :
>
> -------------------
> \section{Test}
> \label{sec-1}
>

>   Line 1
>

>   Line 3
> --------------------
>
> Furthermore :
>
> - the picture is correctly exported if there is nothing
>   after #+END_SRC ;
>
> - I get the same unsatisfying results with ditaa (I haven't checked
>   others back-ends) ;
>
> - emacs -q or -Q do not change anything.
>
> Is it something that has been fixed in recent git ? Am I doing
> something wrong ?

Hi Nicolas,

I can't reproduce this -- it works OK for me using current git master
and 6.36c tarball. What is written to *Messages* during export? I get

Exporting to LaTeX...
org-babel-exp processing...
executing Asymptote source code block
asy -globalwrite -f pdf -o test-fig.pdf  /tmp/org-babel-asymptote1650kFe
(Shell command succeeded with no output)
finished

Dan