Re: [Orgmode] Persistent filters in Org mode

From: Samuel Wales
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Persistent filters in Org mode
Date: Sun, 23 May 2010 18:55:05 -0700

On 2010-05-20, Carsten Dominik <address@hidden> wrote:
> That might be nice!  Or a way to interactively create a view and then
> turn it into a custom command with one key...

Have not followed this thread, so please take this with a grain of salt.

My understanding of filters is that they are for quick changes of
views.  As long as we are brainstorming about inclusion in views,
perhaps it would be wise to consider the possibility of changing
sorting strategy in whatever mechanism is developed.  Doing a search
to recreate the entire buffer only to do a different sorting strategy
can take a prohibitively long amount of time, just as is the case with
tag filtering; it might make sense to combine the basic functionality
for both cases.

Just a possibility.  :)

--
Q: How many CDC "scientists" does it take to change a lightbulb?
A: "You only think it's dark." [CDC has denied a deadly disease for 25 years]