Re: [Orgmode] Latex export bug? Odd behavior with figures...

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Latex export bug? Odd behavior with figures...
Date: Wed, 26 May 2010 16:43:17 -0500

Thanks everyone -- placement = [H] was exactly what I needed. I went back and saw it in the manual paragraph as [h!]. Also, the mailing list discussion was perfect as well.

One suggestion, then... why not just have a nice list of all possible ATTR_LaTeX options? I have killed myself before looking for a simplified list. Maybe even just common ones since perhaps any LaTeX option may be passed?

I love this page, for example: http://orgmode.org/manual/Export-options.html

It is the holy grail of a simple reference when I need an answer quickly. Why not the same for possible LaTeX attributes for figures and tables? That would be awesome.

Thanks again, all.

John

On Wed, May 26, 2010 at 9:00 AM, Nick Dokos <address@hidden> wrote:
Nick Dokos <address@hidden> wrote:

> Figures (and tables) are floating environments: latex will place them
> at or after the place where they are mentioned in the latex file, at
> the first place where it finds space, consistent with the spec ([htb]
> above).

Not quite right: depending on the spec, it *can* end up at the top of the
page with the reference in the text, i.e. *before* that reference.

> There was a discussion about such matters some time ago on the mailing
> list (in particular, how CAPTIONS affect output), but I don't remember
> the resolution and I'm too tired to go look. Seek and ye shall find.

I looked this up: check

 http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/17814

particularly Carsten's note of 2009/10/03.

Nick