Re: [Orgmode] New development organization - DRAFT, please comment

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] New development organization - DRAFT, please comment
Date: Thu, 27 May 2010 07:13:02 -0600

Hi,

This looks like a great setup.  I can't think of anything that I would
want done differently.

I have a couple of comments and questions for org-issues.org below.

Thanks -- Eric

[...]
> 3 Feature requests and bug reports will be tracked in a text file
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>
> This file lives on Worg, at
>
> [http://orgmode.org/work/org-issues.org]

small typo, the above link should be
http://orgmode.org/work/org-issues.org

> David Maus is the main maintainer of this file, he will collect issues
> and tasks and organize them.  I envision that people with Worg access
> can go in and assign an issue to themselves and update the information
> while work is being done on the issue.  How exactly this should be
> done I would like to leave to David.

Hi David,

Thanks for taking this on.

I just used this file to record a babel change, and I really like the
overall idea and the layout.  A couple of things that occurred to me.

- would it be desirable to have a headline property (e.g. ASSIGNEE or
  somesuch) so that users can take responsibility of issues, and search
  for issues to which they've been assigned.

- would it be difficult to tag babel files, i.e. messages with the
  "[babel]" marker in the headline, possibly in some automatic way,
  again to facilitate searching and sorting.

- regarding the links to gmane articles?
  - this is really minor, but I personally prefer thread.gmane.org
    based links as they show the entire thread
  - how do we find the gmane id of a message?
  - is there an easy way to discover/generate gmane links say from
    information contained in an email?

Many Thanks -- Eric