Re: [Orgmode] use of org-export-latex-verbatim-wrap

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] use of org-export-latex-verbatim-wrap
Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 08:55:32 +0200

On May 26, 2010, at 6:20 PM, Juan Pechiar wrote:

Trying to adjust the style for fixed-width sections in LaTeX export
(drawers in particular), I found org-latex.el defines a customizable
wrapper for verbatim sections:

  (defcustom org-export-latex-verbatim-wrap
    '("\\begin{verbatim}\n" . "\\end{verbatim}\n")
    "Environment to be wrapped around a fixed-width section in LaTeX
    export.
  This is a cons with two strings, to be added before and after the
  fixed-with text.

But this variable is _only_ used in org-exp.el in function
org-export-format-source-code-or-example

All other fixed-width latex generation uses explicit "\verbatim" text
instead of the wrapper variables.

Is this the only intended use for org-export-latex-verbatim-wrap?

If not, then I can look into this and provide a patch for using the
wrapper variable in all appropriate places.

Hi Juan,

I would not want to use this also for drawers - it is really meant for example sections.

For formatting drawers, please take a look at the variable org-export- format-drawer-function. You can set it to a function which does the formatting of the drawer any way you like. An example of how such a function has to be written is the function org-export-format-drawer.

Greetings

- Carsten

Saludos,
.j.