Re: [Orgmode] Publishing feed

From: David Maus
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Publishing feed
Date: Sat, 29 May 2010 15:22:30 +0200

Hi John,

John Hendy wrote:
>I've been looking at the mailing list archive here:
>http://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg22964.html

>I have some questions/issues:

>1) is there a 'current' version of org-atom.el? The attachment on the email
>listing is from March and there doesn't appear to be a file on the site (
>http://ictsoc.de/code/org-atom.html) referenced in the mailing list

Yes, there is a current version of org-atom.el located on github at

http://github.com/dmj/dmj-org-mode/raw/org-atom/lisp/org-atom.el

I am currently preparing the exporter for a official release, aiming
at this weekend to finish it.  Please be aware that I am pondering
some incompatible changes to the exporter before release.  I.e. you
could use the file linked above but would have to make changes to your
files after the release.

The error you are facing is due to some incompatible changes in
atom-syndication.el; the file above works with new version of
atom-syndication.el.

The question about publishing to a file, not a URL is a
misunderstanding.  The exporter always exports to a file -- the URL of
the feed must be given in the Org file to satisfy the Atom
specification which highly recommends (SHOULD) feeds having a
reference to self.

Regards
  -- David
--