Re: [Orgmode] Org-mode todo and Lotus Notes ToDo

From: David Maus
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Org-mode todo and Lotus Notes ToDo
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2010 10:26:44 +0200

John Hendy wrote:
>Idea 2: Far more likely

>What about feeds? I've been playing around with the info here:
>http://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/ msg22964.html

>I've been able to publish a feed to a .atom file and subscribe to it
>from Notes. I can't quite get the description and TODO properties to
>register, yet, but you at least get the headlines. Can we work on
>creating a format that would work for this?  I think it's a pretty
>cool idea and could allow for updating org files, publishing them to
>a site or file (though I couldn't get Notes to add a feed from the
>hard disk... probably just need the right prefix like file:/// or so)
>and have Notes update the feed every so often.

>Thoughts?

Using Atom feeds would be... awesome.  Atom indeed has the potential
to publish not just news about a web page project but things like,
say, Todo lists.

So /if/ Lotus Notes is capable of updating it's todo lists via Atom
the remaining question is: Which information must be present where in
the Atom document.  Could you take look in the Lotus Notes help (if
present) if there is any information on how to update todo lists by
Atom documents?

  -- David
--
OpenPGP... 0x99ADB83B5A4478E6