Re: [Orgmode] MobileOrg for Android starts to become really usable

From: Daniel Martins
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] MobileOrg for Android starts to become really usable
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 16:35:31 -0300

PROBLEM solved!!!

I have put the link in index.org directly but without an "*"

[[file.org]]

and not

* [[file.org]]

I sincerely feel that this "* " could be optional

Daniel

2010/6/2 Daniel Martins <address@hidden>
I am having a problem with syncing.

I created a webdav on my lab server.

I access it from the Android navigator and I made a test with MobileOrg for Iphone with a friend of mine.

Both cases worked perfect

However when I use sync nothing happens. The screen remains completely black.

I can use capture (I used both version 0.4 and developments with quite the same results) but I cannot sync again

My webadav is something

http://IPADDRESS/webdav/index.org

where IPADDRESS is the IP address of the server 150.***.***.***

Daniel

2010/5/31 Sven Bretfeld <address@hidden>

Hi Enrico

Enrico Indiogine <address@hidden> writes:

> Thanks to the help from you all I managed to install the latest
> development version of org-mobile-android on my Xperia X10.  I set up
> my .emacs for stage push-pull and have a mydisk.se account with an org
> directory.
>
> M-x push will fail with an ssh timeout.  I think it has to do with the
> fact that Emacs has no way of knowing the mydisk.se password.

Try another approach. You are under Ubuntu, aren't you? I'm also under
Ubuntu and I use mydisk.se. So this should also work for you:

1. sudo apt-get install davfs2

2. sudo adduser enrico davfs (I don't remember if this is really the
  groupname, maybe it's davfs2)

3. edit the file /etc/fstab -> add a line at the end:

  https://mydisk.se/yourusername   /home/enrico/webdav   davfs   user,noauto           0  0

4. edit the file /etc/davfs2/secrets, add the following line:

  /home/enrico/webdav    yourmydiskusername   yourmydiskpasswd

5. mkdir ~/webdav

6. sudo dpkg-reconfigure davfs2 --> set the SUID Bit (i.e. just say "yes")

7. mount ~/webdav

Now, your folders of mydisk.se should appear under ~/webdav. Then tell
Emacs (org-mobile) to use this folder instead of scp. I just used
customize to set the org-mobile-directory.

> This in in my .emacs:
>
> (setq org-mobile-files (quote ("~/org/agenda.org")))
> (setq org-mobile-directory "~/stage/")

Change this to "~/webdav" or use "stage" in the procedure above.

> (add-hook 'org-mobile-post-push-hook
>   (lambda () (shell-command "scp -r ~/stage/* address@hidden:org/")))
> (add-hook ' org-mobile-pre-pull-hook
>   (lambda () (shell-command "scp address@hidden:org/mobile.org
> ~/stage ")))
> (add-hook 'org-mobile-post-pull-hook
>   (lambda () (shell-command "scp ~/stage/mobileorg.org
> address@hidden:org]/")))

I think with the webdav-approach you have to delete these hooks. Comment
them out and restart Emacs.

Good luck

Sven