Re: [Orgmode] Re: Problem with pushing to webdav server [6.35g]

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Problem with pushing to webdav server [6.35g]
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2010 14:50:23 +0200

On Jun 3, 2010, at 10:44 AM, Dietmar Winkler wrote:

Carsten,

I would if I would know the answer to my problem ;). Once I'm figuring
out how to get tramp to connect to webdav resources I'm more than happy
to write about it.

BTW. the documentation is a bit misleading here :
----8<-----
If Emacs can directly write to the WebDAV directory1 accessed by
MobileOrg, just point to this directory using the variable
org-mobile-directory. Using the tramp method, org-mobile-directory may
point to a remote directory accessible through, for example, ssh/scp:

    (setq org-mobile-directory "/scpc:address@hidden:org/webdav/")

This sounds almost like you can connect to webdav by using the example
given. But that only applies to a ssh+scp connection (!= webdav) (I
wonder how would one get to connect MobileOrg App to that since (afaik)
that one can currently only connect to webdav shares.

The idea here is that you might be able to connect to the server in two different ways, webdav and scp. Emacs can then use scp, so that you do not have to mount the server on your computer. MobileOrg will then use webdav.

Note that there is a version of MobileOrg coming up with Dropbox support. I have tested it already - it makes the entire world of pain with webdavs go away... :)

/Dietmar/

- Carsten