[Orgmode] Vertical line anomaly between Example block and lines starting

From: Giovanni Moretti
Subject: [Orgmode] Vertical line anomaly between Example block and lines starting with a colon
Date: Sun, 06 Jun 2010 14:21:07 +1200

My first post to this list - thanks Dominik and all, your efforts are much appreciated.

I'm working up a presentation on orgmode for a local club and needed to prefix it with a brief emacs overview, and so included this:

#+BEGIN_EXAMPLE
                      ctrl-P (previous line)

Ctrl-A <<<  Ctrl-B <---- o ----> Ctrl-F >>>  Ctrl-E
 Col 1      back char      !       fwd char        EOL
                           !
                      ctrl-N (next line)
#+END_EXAMPLE

:                       ctrl-P (previous line)
:                            |
: Ctrl-A <<<  Ctrl-B <---- o ----> Ctrl-F >>>  Ctrl-E
: Col 1       back char      |       fwd char        EOL
:                       ctrl-N (next line)

I'm using Orgmode v6.36c and when exporting to HTML (and LaTex Beamer), the two lines containing the single vertical bar immediately below the "ctrl-P" line in the #+EXAMPLE block vanish, whereas using the alternate colon at the beginning of the line notation, the rendering is as expected.

Interestingly, enabling the +n option (#+BEGIN_EXAMPLE +n) causes the missing lines (lines 2 & 3) to reappear.

I don't think it's supposed to do this ...

Cheers
Giovanni