Re: [Orgmode] Re: org-babel-R export parameters

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: org-babel-R export parameters
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2010 12:44:43 -0700

Hi Russel,

Russell Adams <address@hidden> writes:

[...]
> So my current issue is that it appears that even though I set :export
> none, the png is still included in my Latex output.
>
> Suggestions?

The png is still included your output because the link to the png is
part of your org-mode buffer.

> #+results:
> [[file:MyFile.png]]

Currently org-babel isn't bold enough to remove existing results during
export.  The :exports none argument simply means that babel will not run
the source-code block on export.

I personally find this useful because it allows me to use code blocks to
generate results, and then when I'm content with the file I can set
":exports none" to avoid re-generating the file on every export -- while
retaining the existing link keeps the file included in my export.

I do see how this could be confusing, and maybe it would be appropriate
to begin stripping out the results of code blocks on export.

Best -- Eric