Re: [Orgmode] Re: [ANN] Exporter for taskjuggler

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: [ANN] Exporter for taskjuggler
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 18:05:40 +0200

On Jun 8, 2010, at 4:03 PM, Christian Egli wrote:

Christian Egli <address@hidden> writes:

In org-export-as-taskjuggler-and-open:
org-taskjuggler.el:330:6:Warning: start-process-shell-command called
with 4
   arguments, but accepts only 3

This I cannot reproduce using the command command you gave. Is this
maybe only a problem in newer Emacs versions? I'm using Emacs 23.1.1

Digging some more I found the following in
http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/NEWS.23.2:

*** start-process-shell-command and start-file-process-shell-command
now only take a single `command' argument.

i.e. Emacs 23.2 has a different api for start-process-shell-command.

I'm not quite sure how to deal with this. Should I add a wrapper
function in org-compat (say "org-start-process-shell-command") that
checks for emacs version > 23.2 and calls start-process-shell-command
accordingly?

One possibility is to check for versions. Better is maybe to do it like this

(condition-case nil
   (org-no-warnings
     (start-process-shell-command with four different args))
  (error
   (start-process-shell-command with three args))

Thill try one version, and if that given an error, try the other one.
To get rid of the compiler warning, wrap the call into org-no-warnings.

- Carsten

Christian
--
Christian Egli