Re: [Orgmode] Meta-grouping properties?

From: Sven Bretfeld
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Meta-grouping properties?
Date: 8 Jun 2010 21:12:29 +0200

Hi Juri

Sorry for answering so late. I have been away from the PC for a while.

Juri Krivov <address@hidden> writes:
> I dont' think this can be done yet.  But....
> I am interested in this idea.  How do you hope to define groups?  In variable
> or in buffer with special group syntax?  Should every search matching
> for a name alwasy automatically always include groups, or do you think
> there should be explicit call like
>     +groups(John)
> in tags query?
> I want to lear more lisp, so maybe I will try my hand on
> his idea.  Learning always goes better with project at hand.

For my purpose, groups would mainly consist of teams, i.e. real people's
names. Such teams could come into existence, vanish and change quite
frequently. So it would be best, not to always define them in a complex
Lisp expression in .emacs. I could think of buffer specific definitions
as one of the most effective possibilities:

#+METAGROUPS: (PR-Team(John Mary Sven)) (Website-Taskforce(Tom Fred Mary))

I think John's group(s) should always be matched when John is searched
for, similar to tag inheritance.

Thanks for trying (I wish I could)

Sven