[Orgmode] Two bugs in org-indent (plus a fix to correct one of them)

From: William Henney
Subject: [Orgmode] Two bugs in org-indent (plus a fix to correct one of them)
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2010 21:44:47 -0500

Hi all

I have recently started using org-indent (together with word-wrap) for
new org files. In general, I love it. But there are a couple of small
problems:

1. If one sets org-indent-indentation-per-level to any value other
than the default of 2, then the indentation of lines following a
heading is not correct. I seem to have managed to fix this by changing
line 231 of org-indent.el from

                 n (* (or level 0) org-indent-indentation-per-level))))))))

                 n (+ 2 (* (1- (or level 0))
org-indent-indentation-per-level)))))))))

Tested with org-indent-indentation-per-level = 0, 1, 2, and 3.

2. org-indent fails to play nicely with org-inlinetask in two ways

   i) It destroys the special fontification of the inline task's
leading stars, even if org-indent-mode-turns-on-hiding-stars is set to
nil

   ii) Any text after an inline task's END statement is soft-indented
as though it were part of the inline task, whereas the indentation
should ideally return to what it was before the inline task. Of
course, this is also a problem when org-indent is turned off, if you
try to automatically hard-indent using TAB. However, in that case you
can adjust by hand the indentation of the first line after the inline
task, and then all the following lines will indent correctly. With
org-indent the problem is much worse since there is no way of
adjusting the soft indents by hand.

Cheers

Will

P.S. Has anyone successfully converted a pre-existing org file to a
form suitable for use with org-indent? By which I mean that the
pre-existing file was written with hard line breaks and hard indents.
The task is not trivial since one needs to remove the hard indents due
to the nesting of the org headings, but to leave alone the hard
indents due to the nesting of plain lists.

--

  Dr William Henney, Centro de Radioastronomía y Astrofísica,
  Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México, Campus Morelia