[Orgmode] Re: table: actualise columns with formulas. (C-num C-c=)

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: table: actualise columns with formulas. (C-num C-c=)
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 12:12:34 -0400

Uwe Brauer <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello
>
> Programs like OO calc allow me to actualise automatically
> all rows of a column containing a formula.
>
> Like:
>
> Res1| Res2| Total
> 3   |  4  | =$1+$2
> 4   |  5  |
> 4   |  5  |
> 4   |  6  |
> 4   |  7  |
> 4   |  8  |
> 4   |  9  |

If you prefix the first column of the table so that it is a valid
org-mode table like this:

|Res1| Res2| Total
|3   |  4  | =$1+$2
|4   |  5  |
|4   |  5  |
|4   |  6  |
|4   |  7  |
|4   |  8  |
|4   |  9  |

Then you can just hit C-u C-u C-c C-c on the formula line and it moves
to the bottom and updates the entire table giving you this:

| Res1 | Res2 | Res1 + Res2 |
|    3 |    4 |           7 |
|    4 |    5 |           9 |
|    4 |    5 |           9 |