[Orgmode] Re: org-remember and anything

From: Thierry Volpiatto
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: org-remember and anything
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 22:21:17 +0200

Glauber Alex Dias Prado <address@hidden> writes:

> i thought i was explicity enough when i said "when calling org-remember"
> :), this happens after i select a template and it prompts for completion
> which is being handled by anything, that is when the backtrace happens,
> this only happens with org-mode so i thought it was more a org thing
> than anything.

I understood you were using org-remember ;-)
What i still don't know is in what org-remember envolve anything.
Anything should not be called for template completion.
The config you sent me in other mail is not clear enough.
My guess is you are using anything-complete.el somewhere and maybe
something like this in your .emacs:

,----
| (anything-read-string-mode 1)
`----
That's replace normal completing-read and read-file-name by the one from
anything-complete.el that are experimentals and not working everywhere.

You will find stable replacement of these functions in
anything-config.el called:
anything-comp-read
anything-c-read-file-name

So, please try to invoke anything with ONLY this config:

,----
| (add-to-list 'load-path "path/to/anything")
| (require 'anything-config)
`----

You need only two files for this:
anything.el
anything-config.el

You can get the latest files here:
http://repo.or.cz/w/anything-config.git

And remove all personal anything configs you may have in .emacs or
somewhere else. (or use emacs -Q)

Then call org-remember and tell me if problem appear.

--
Thierry Volpiatto
Gpg key: http://pgp.mit.edu/