[Orgmode] Re: clock in from last clock out

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: clock in from last clock out
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 19:27:21 -0400

Buck Brody <address@hidden> writes:

> Is there a way to clock in from the time that I most recently clocked
> out.  I often find that I finish something, clock out, and then start
> something new without remembering to clock back in.

I'm not aware of any existing clocking code functionality that does what
you describe.  I used to get around this by making clocking in and
clocking out actions completely manual so even if I mark a task done the
clock continues until I explicitly clock in something else.  This helped
me build a good habit of clocking in stuff on time.

Now I have a new setup[*1*] that automatically clocks in the default task
whenever org normally clocks out.  It doesn't sound like this is really
what you are looking for though.  In my case I would clock in the new
task and manually move the completed clock line from the default task to
the new task in this situation.

-Bernt

[*1*] http://doc.norang.ca/org-mode.html#ClockSetup