[Orgmode] Re: Keeping agenda window

From: Radosław Grzanka
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Keeping agenda window
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 13:12:20 +0200

W dniu 2010-06-15 13:13, Matt Lundin pisze:
Radosław Grzanka<address@hidden>  writes:

W dniu 2010-06-15 10:16, Livin Stephen Sharma pisze:

     Radek,  have you tried 'org-agenda-follow-mode'?   [ yes, I did
     see you write "..if i follow the link to one of my outlines.." in
     your email :) ]

Hello,   thank you for your reply. I did not know about follow-mode
but it seems it is not working like described here:
http://orgmode.org/manual/ Agenda-commands.html

It says:  "In Follow mode, as you move the cursor through the agenda
buffer, the other window always shows the corresponding location in
the Org file."
Follow mode works as described here. What precisely is not working for
you?

I might have not written this clearly. From description it seems that follow mode, once activated should change the content of the other window whenever I change cursor position in agenda buffer. It does not. It changes content of the other window only upon activation (hitting 'F') and then does nothing. It says "Follow" in status bar but seems to do nothing until I quit Follow mode and enter it again.

Try TAB (org-agenda-goto).

,----[(info "(org) Agenda commands")]
| `<TAB>'
|      Go to the original location of the item in another window. Under
|      Emacs 22, `mouse-1' will also works for this.
`----

I knew it was supposed to be simple! Thank you very much. This is exactly what I wanted - thanks.

Radek.