Re: [babel] Re: [Orgmode] Re: [OT] gnuplot quality

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [babel] Re: [Orgmode] Re: [OT] gnuplot quality
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 08:30:22 -0700

Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:

> On Sun, 13 Jun 2010 12:35:43 +1000, "Alan E. Davis" <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> I use the gri plotting language to make plots.  Does anyone here use this?
>>
>> I am over my head in trying to use babel as a literate programming tool; yet
>> that's exactly what I need to do, else at least have a method for
>> coordinating better comments / notes with the code.
>
> Alan,
>
> I don't use gri.  I have had a quick look at it and it should be
> possible (for others, not me :() to create an org-babel interface for
> this.  If you have any elisp knowledge, you could try starting from
> one of the existing language implementations.  You could also try to
> use the support for sh in org-babel but you'd have to get the table
> data into a file first.

If this is something you're interested in, you could start by making a
copy of org-babel-gnuplot.el, and then search/replace gnuplot/gri, and
you'll be most of the way there.

The gnuplot file already has support for dropping tables to
tab-separated files, and then placing the paths to those files into the
body of code blocks, which may be sufficient for table support in gri --
although having not heard of gri before this email I can't say for sure.

Best -- Eric