Re: [Orgmode] preventing automatic rebuild of agenda on refiling?

From: Michael Gilbert
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] preventing automatic rebuild of agenda on refiling?
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 09:08:46 -0700

>> I may have missed when this happened or if it's been discussed
>> already, but I'm noticing that recent Org-mode automatically rebuilds
>> the agenda each time I refile a task. This can dramatically slow down
>> the process of refiling a lot of items. Is there a setting to change
>> this?
>
> As far as I am aware of: No, you currently cannot disable it for a
> single refile operation.  But, if you refile a lot of items you might
> try Agenda's bulk action:
>
> http://orgmode.org/manual/Agenda-commands.html
> Bulk actions actually do not rebuld the agenda.

But if I'm not mistaken, they involve refiling all the marked items to the same
destination. That hasn't been my workflow at all.

This is a frustrating change. I guess my option now is to jump to the item in
question, refile it, then jump back. But given that in my current workflow I
refile scores of items during my daily prep... Ugh. I'm sure there was a good
reason for the change, but it just doesn't suit how I've come to use Org-mode.

Anyway, if there are any other ideas out there other than waiting for the
roundtrip of the rebuild or jumping back and forth to the source files, I would
be interested in hearing them!

TIA!

— Michael