[Orgmode] Verbatim LaTeX inside delimiters in HTML export with jsMath?

From: Christian Moe
Subject: [Orgmode] Verbatim LaTeX inside delimiters in HTML export with jsMath?
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 09:23:41 +0200

Hi,

To display LaTeX math in Org html export with lovely jsMath, it must be
exported verbatim with

so one cannot use lazy superscripts/subscripts or Org entities in the rest of the text.

Is there a simple way to turn these options on, but protect LaTeX where
it appears *inside math delimiters* so it's exported verbatim? I.e.

I ask because I'm keeping a note file with much text and only a few equations, but with frequent reference to e.g. CO_2 and m^2. It's possible to always write $CO_2$ and $m^2$, but less readable, and irksome when you've got used to an easier way. An inline formula can be protected by surrounding it with verbatim markup, =$...$=, but then it's only good for jsMath, not for LaTeX export.

Yours,
Christian