[Orgmode] Bug: clocktable :link often jumps to wrong target [6.36c]

From: Christoph LANGE
Subject: [Orgmode] Bug: clocktable :link often jumps to wrong target [6.36c]
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 21:24:11 +0200

Remember to cover the basics, that is, what you expected to happen and
what in fact did happen.  You don't know how to make a good report?  See

     http://orgmode.org/manual/Feedback.html#Feedback

Your bug report will be posted to the Org-mode mailing list.

Links created by clocktable :link are simple "text search" links.
Therefore, they often hit the wrong target.

For example, I used to have multiple clocktables at the beginning of my
file: first a daily summary, then a weekly one, then a complete one,
i.e. following clocktables summarized supersets of preceding ones.
Therefore, most of the time I clicked a link in the first clocktable,
the next "text search" target was the occurrence of the same task in the
second clocktable, whereas clicking that link in the second clocktable
would take me back into the first.

I have been able to partly work around that by moving the clocktables to
the end of the file, as the search always seems to start at the
beginning of the file.  Nevertheless, when I have two tasks "foobar" and
"foo", occurring in that order in the file, clicking on the [[foo]]
link in the clocktable takes me to the "foobar" task, as that has a
"foo" substring and occurs first in the file.

I would like clocktable to generate links that uniquely link to the task
from which the particular clocktable entry has been generated.  (I'd
even be willing to assign CUSTOM_ID properties for that purpose,
i.e. clocktable could take them into account for creating links, when
they exist.)  But the best solution would IMHO be a truly unique
identification, e.g. by some XPath-like path, e.g. /1/2/3 for the 3rd
subtask of the 2nd subtask of the 1st top-level task.  (Sure, that order
will be invalidated when I change my task list, but, so what, then I
would be willing to recompute the clocktable before using links.)

Emacs  : GNU Emacs 23.2.1 (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.18.9)
 of 2010-06-15 on thinkpad
Package: Org-mode version 6.36c

current state:
==============
(setq
 org-export-latex-after-initial-vars-hook '(org-beamer-after-initial-vars)
 org-agenda-files '("~/svn/kwarc.info/clange/default.org")
 org-after-todo-state-change-hook '(org-clock-out-if-current)
 org-export-latex-format-toc-function 'org-export-latex-format-toc-default
 org-export-preprocess-hook '(org-export-blocks-preprocess)
 org-tab-first-hook '(org-hide-block-toggle-maybe)
 org-src-mode-hook '(org-src-mode-configure-edit-buffer)
 org-confirm-shell-link-function 'yes-or-no-p
 org-export-first-hook '(org-beamer-initialize-open-trackers)
 org-agenda-before-write-hook '(org-agenda-add-entry-text)
 org-cycle-hook '(org-cycle-hide-archived-subtrees org-cycle-hide-drawers
                  org-cycle-show-empty-lines
org-optimize-window-after-visibility-change)
 org-export-preprocess-before-normalizing-links-hook
'(org-remove-file-link-modifiers)
 org-mode-hook '(#[nil "\300\301\302\303\304$\207"
                   [org-add-hook change-major-mode-hook org-show-block-all
append local]
                   5]
                 )
 org-confirm-elisp-link-function 'yes-or-no-p
 org-occur-hook '(org-first-headline-recenter)
 org-export-preprocess-before-selecting-backend-code-hook
'(org-beamer-select-beamer-code)
 org-export-latex-final-hook '(org-beamer-amend-header org-beamer-fix-toc
                               org-beamer-auto-fragile-frames
                               org-beamer-place-default-actions-for-lists)
 org-clock-idle-time 10
 )