Re: [Orgmode] Re: how to customize (inactive) timestamp textual format

From: Giovanni Ridolfi
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: how to customize (inactive) timestamp textual format
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 14:36:46 +0200

Richard Riley <address@hidden> writes:
> Giovanni Ridolfi <address@hidden> writes:

> The suggestion for the user to clone the worg git is probably the best
I agree: the people who want to have worg will clone it, other (me ;)
are free not to download it.

> but I see no reason, if its not silly amount of work
                       ^^^       ^^^^^^^
>, to include worg
> with a org git distribution as a subdir in the same repo.

As I fear that it might *not* be 'silly', I suggested not to include
worg.
Will you include worg as it is?
However some sections of worg come to my mind...will we keep them?
the hack section,       the "people pages",
the issue tracker,       the quotes
the web resources (net connection needed):
      blog posts, wikis , web pages made with worg
pages about worg? how to ude git??!!
                  how to create your SSH key ?!!

> Benefits would be that Worg could be stamped with same release
> markers/tags too and the "local Worg" would be synced with that
> release.

The cons will be:
(0. Maintainers stripping worg off, when merging org-mode to (x)Emacs)
If worg is in org-mode package:
1. Every Emacs user in the world
   plus every distribution (and their mirrors) will have such
   documentation in their info-directory.
   Then in, e.g., Debian you will have it both in the org-mode package AND
   in the Emacs-documentation-non-free package!

   I think that it is really too much, and also not environmental friendly.
   (bandwidth, disk space...)
   let's ask:
   Who will benefit from this choice?  400 people using Org-Mode?
   does the squeeze worth the juice for 400 people?

2. the org-mode.zip/tgz file will become bigger
   (bandwidth (who's paying for it?) for downloads from orgmode.org)

cheers,
Giovanni